Signup Failure in Dawn Theme

Dear All,

I am new to Ghost and I am workin in the theme Dawn. Everything so far goes smoothly except figuring out how I can make the Signup/Login function working. It remains giving the error “Failed to sign up, please try again”.

I registred on Mailgun and added the API details at the “Email newsletter settings”. Also I changed the config.production.json to the below as was indicated in previous discussions:

“mail”: {
“transport”: “SMTP”,
“options”: {
“service”: “Mailgun”,
“host”: “smtp.mailgun.org”,
“port”: 587,
“secure”: false,
“auth”: {
“user”: “inserted my SMTP username given by Mailgun”,
“pass”: “inserted my SMTP password given by Mailgun
}
}
},

However, it still does not work and the failed to signup error remains. I sent myself a test email via the ghost dashboard and that worked and was sent appropriately via Mailgun.

Any ideas how to solve this issue?

try changing the secure value to true & restart ghost.

Thank you for your suggestion. I did the following combinations but still same issue:

• tried false and true for secure
  • tried port 25, 465, 587
  • reset my Mailgun password for SMTP
  • remove the entire secure and port fields

Of course always forced a restart afterwards.

Could it be because of (sub)domain issues on Mailgun? Creation of a new one etc.

Can you check if you configured your mailgun account to allow only from whitelisted IP? alternatively you can check more info on official doc Configuration - Adapt your publication to suit your needs

Much appreciated for your help @inoryum.

What do you mean exactly with the configurations of Mailgun; it shouldn’t be only from whitelisted IP right?

By Mailgun account I meant there is an option on mailgun Under Setting > API Keys at the bottom IP Whitelist If any IP is defined there that means mailgun only listens from that IP. So please check there if that feature is turned on or not. If turned on check you have added your current server IP there.

Another thread related to yours might help you as well Ghost unable to send emails - #32 by nbomberger