Site doesn't show up at all in search results on Google

Hello all,

Created a Ghost site over a month ago but it doesn’t show up at all in search results. Even if I Google the name of a post, the search results will show a result for the facebook link of the post but not the actual website link to the post…very strange.

The site is: https://inpolitical.com/

Previously a forum member noted that posts on the site were indexed by Google, but for some reason I can’t find any on Google.

Am I missing something simple?

Please advise, and thanks!

Minn

There are only 6 pages indexed from your website on Google. I suggest adding your website to Google Search Console. That’s the best way to find out if indexing is working properly or if there is an issue with it.

Thanks Abhishek, I added it to Google Search Console also about a month ago, and it is showing 17 valid pages. It is just strange that it won’t show up on serps.

Can’t say why you have only 6 results in Google when there are 17 indexed pages as per Google Search Console.

Now I should not comment on it because that’s your website and it is totally up to you to decide what you write, but your website has too thin contents. Some of the articles have just one paragraph. I advise writing longer, meaningful articles to get some love from Google or any other search engine.

That’s good advice, thanks.

1 Like

Having your site being linked to by external sites like Facebook, LinkedIn and other websites will also increase the search position. The website is indexed by Google as it comes up when searching “site: https://inpolitical.com/”. So now it’s all about SEO

1 Like

How did you manage to fix it?

I tried to search for a title of one of posts in my blog and the search results always refer to the homepage not the post!!!

Hi Ahmed,

I haven’t really fixed the issue. According to others on this thread that offered their thoughts, it is probably an SEO problem or not enough content.

Not sure if it is an issue with Ghost or not, but many of my websites that I built on Wordpress show up quickly on search results.

minn131, It still looks like a lack of content to me. You have some posts that are basically just a collection of bookmark cards. Why would a user want to visit your page instead of the original (much more highly ranked) original source? What makes your site an important destination? Why would users want to visit? If you focus on increasing value to your human visitors, I think you’ll find that the your search positioning improves also.

AhmedAlaaeldin, if search results are hitting your homepage, that’s still a win! You can check in the Google Search Console to make sure that Google is indexing individual posts. And it’s a good idea to check that your post title is showing up in the meta info as the page title. I’d have expected that Google would favor a page with the title matching the search terms compared to a page that just contains the search terms (for the /same site/), but perhaps other posts on the homepage means that Google decided the homepage information was more relevant to the terms searched.

Did you manage to resolve the issue? I got the same problem with my website https://www.analisia.id/
It’s really strange. When I use wordpress & softr, my content will shows up in Google Search within a week.

Your site is listed in Google; just don’t expect it to rank highly immediately.

@mjw now I see the other posts indexed by Google.
It’s just slower than I expected.

Thanks!

1 Like