Slow ghost blog

Hosting blog v.3 on Digital Ocean droplet. It has some productivity issues while contains about 170 articles. It might load too long. i can imitate such problem with “check my links” chrome extension. It just crawls all the links on the page(there’re about 70). After it does it i just cant explore any pages on my server, it might load for 15-20 seconds and the node process load keeps to be very high for that period of time, here the processes display of the top command:

url Apiko | Blog
Memory:
total used free shared buff/cache available
Mem: 7983 748 4635 44 2599 6875

lscpu
Architecture: x86_64
CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order: Little Endian
CPU(s): 4
On-line CPU(s) list: 0-3
Thread(s) per core: 1
Core(s) per socket: 1
Socket(s): 4
NUMA node(s): 1
Vendor ID: GenuineIntel
CPU family: 6
Model: 63
Model name: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650L v3 @ 1.80GHz
Stepping: 2
CPU MHz: 1799.998
BogoMIPS: 3599.99
Virtualization: VT-x
Hypervisor vendor: KVM
Virtualization type: full
L1d cache: 32K
L1i cache: 32K
L2 cache: 256K
L3 cache: 30720K
NUMA node0 CPU(s): 0-3

I think it’s somewhat uncertain, to say that Ghost’s system is slow, mainly for a simple reason.

The processes of loading speed are mainly influenced by the front end of the site. That is, it would be more consistent in the first place to know what theme you are using and analyze it.

As the latencies in the loading processes, originate to a greater extent by poorly optimized HTML, CSS and Javascript files.

I assure you, that if you take care of the number of elements you need for the visualization of the web, as well as the development and architecture, Ghost is undoubtedly by far the best performance option that will give you above any other.

That said, could you share with us a site URL address? I could gladly give you some guidelines to improve those load transfer ratios. :wink:

The system load seems pretty high given the relatively low number of requests coming in.
Usually a good way forward is to place a cache in front of Ghost so that pages are served from cache instead of directly from Ghost. See the official recommendation at https://ghost.org/docs/concepts/server-recommendations/#optimising-for-scale

If you don’t want the hassle of configuring and running your own server, consider using a hosted solution such as DigitalPress which provides all these optimizations out of the box, updates Ghost for you, provides SSL certificates, etc. It’s really simple and convenient.

I did share.

So the Ghost doesn’t throws static html page to the client, but generates it every time?
Gatsby starter for ghost seems cool and throws just static page