Long delays loading webpage on VPS

If you’re looking for some help, it’s important to provide as much context as possible so that people are able to assist you. Try to always mention:

• What’s your URL? This is the easiest way for others to debug your issue: https://www.communicationaccess.ninja/
  • What version of Ghost are you using?: latest
  • What configuration?: not sure what this means but nginx and Ubuntu 16 LTS, 1 CPU and 3 GB RAM (plus about 2-3 GB swap SSD)
  • What browser?: all
  • What errors or information do you see in the console?: not sure what to look for
  • What steps could someone else take to reproduce the issue you’re having? : load page, refresh to avoid local cache. Sometimes it takes 1-2 seconds to load, often it reaches 10 seconds. Checking resources, it doesn’t seem like it’s using much of the VPS, barely any RAM and is not maxing out a CPU. Hosted at NFP Hosting. I did a self install and I’m not a server admin but I think it went okay.

I did a Pingdom test and it shows long periods of “waiting.” The current site is very small and simple (trying out everything before it goes live. Sort of a soft launch for now).

Edit: ALSO, I’m using CloudFlare CDN/DNS so I really didn’t expect any speed issues with so little in the site. Especially considering it could cache it very easily.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.