Some Ghost Hugo/Gatsby themes with membership?

Has anyone developed a template with Hugo or Gatsby frameworks with member implementation?

2 Likes

I am interested in this as well. I’m not overly familiar with Hugo but just starting to use it now, and I’m interested in using it with Ghost.

Not directly related to Ghost, but another option I’m looking at for a Hugo website is userbase.com (which you can use to add user accounts and data persistence to your static site). I’m interested to know if anyone here has any experience with that.

I think @gjdickens of epilocal.com has implemented membership with a Gatsby/Ghost website using Netlify’s identity service

userbase.com seems interesting

Thanks @josephkman for the mention!

I’ve done a couple things in this space but not quite a full template yet:

• I did this theme for Gatsby which lets you use Ghost as a headless CMS where you can add new Ghost members using a serverless Netlify function (GitHub - epilocal/newsliner-gatsby)
  • On my company website, which is a Gatsby site, I’ve implemented a member-login using Netlify identity (https://www.epilocal.com/)

I just have to bring those two things together into a full Ghost + Gatsby member site framework. I was planning to offer this as a managed service with hosting, etc. Feel free to message me if you’re interested in testing prototypes or if you’re looking for custom work in this space!

really interesting congratulations, have you managed to implement the payment method of Ghost using Gatsby + Netlify?

as a developer I would be interested in being a beta tester

Thanks! I’m working on a client project now where I’m implementing different subscription tiers for Ghost by working around the current constraints with some serverless functions.

Basic flow looks like: create subscription tiers in Stripe > serverless functions trigger Stripe checkout for different tiers > Ghost’s default webhooks add subscription to member on successful payment.

The same flow would definitely work for headless, I just haven’t put it all together yet since client work has taken me in other directions for now. But if there’s interest from people I’ll definitely move it up my priorities list!

1 Like

Are there any updates on this?

does anyone have a Jamstack solution that works with all membership features?

it would also be interesting to know from the staff if you are continuing into a demo solution for this