Subscribe forms made by 3rd parties

The default subscribe form that comes with the Ghost platform asks for a name and an email address. I’m starting to get a lot of new subscribers, and I noticed the Members list that they have no name. So I looked further and saw the subscribe form that came with the theme I bought only asks for an email address. Is this common? I actually prefer the subscribe popup window style that Ghost uses, and I don’t need/want a separate “custom” made page. Is this an easy fix, or will it require hiring the developer who made the theme?

Thank you

1 Like

It’s probably worth checking through /ghost > settings > design & branding > Customize > tabs on right side to see if the theme creator has include an option to make the subscribe button open the portal page. If not, it should be a pretty easy edit to the theme itself. If you’re comfortable with HTML, you can likely do it yourself! :)

1 Like

I’ve already spent considerable time working on the tabs in the Design & Branding, and although there are other options, there is not one to dictate how the Subscribe feature should work (native Ghost popup window or custom made subscribe page). What exactly is the “portal page”?

Maybe I should spend some time in the developer documents to the basics on how to edit a theme. I do know html, but not javascript.

1 Like

Right, I haven’t worked on your theme specifically, so I didn’t know if it had a setting or not.

This should be a pretty straightforward fix once you get oriented to the theme. Basically, you’re just going to change some links to point to:
/#/portal instead of /subscribe

Working link below:

1 Like