Subscription form in header not working in Edition theme

When I try to subscribe using the form in the header nothing happens. Using the inspector in the browser I see this error message:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 ()
/members/api/send-magic-link/:1

What could be going on that would trigger this error?

You can try it out at demo.sendibud.se – I’ve changed the language to Swedish but I doubt this has anything to do with the error.

It sounds like it might be a mail config issue. How have you set up your transactional emails?

I’m using Cloudron to set up my Ghost sites and it always sets them up with all email settings ready. This is perhaps my 15th Ghost site I’m setting up this way and nothing similar has happened before, so I was at a bit of a loss.

I tried setting up another site on a sendibud subdomain, and also on another domain, and I get the same message in the Casper theme. So something could be going on with the Cloudron installer.

But you think the most likely thing is that something is amiss with the outgoing email settings?

It’s hard to say for sure, but that’s definitely where I’d start (with the transactional email config). I can confirm it’s not a theme problem. Perhaps you can reach out to Cloudron to see what’s up?

1 Like

Just circling back to say I got it working now. When I changed the support e-mail address to a working email address rather than the no-reply address everything is working as it should. Thanks for your help.

1 Like