Error signing up

My Ghost blog is hosted on Midnight and everything was working fine until a few days ago when I got a message from someone stating that they can’t signup because they’re getting a message that their email is invalid. I tested it and this is indeed an issue.

I contacted support and they seem convinced that it’s an issue with my theme. I changed the theme to the default Casper and it does the same. It also gives the error when I took the latest version of my premium theme and redid all of the settings including uploading the default YAML routes files.

I also checked my DNS settings and can’t see an issue. I also added new tiers in the subscription/members settings just to see if it help but nothing works.

Any ideas?

Could you please open your browser’s dev tools and check the console for anything informative in the logs?

Thanks. I didn’t know I could do that.

Here’s what I found:

There ya go. So I just visited your site, and using the portal button to subscribe is working, so it /is/ something related to this custom page.

Also from dev tools:

I got that even when I used an email I hadn’t tried previously. Did you change your server configuration settings, by chance? (Or did your host?)

If I understand correctly, you’re saying that is indeed a theme issue and that page is unique to my theme?

If so, do you have any suggestions on how I can bypass this and direct all subscription requests to the portal only?

I made changes recently when I tried to setup email for my domain via iCloud custom domain. It didn’t work because iCloud doesn’t like more than one SPF record so I put everything back the way it was.

I sent a copy of the settings to Midnight but they didn’t say confirm t if those settings are correct or not.

Yes, that page is unique to your theme. But it’s weird that portal isn’t throwing an error too.

Nope, hang on. I just saw the same error from portal.