Translating theme into Traditional Chinese

Hi! I want to translate the theme I’m using into Traditional Chinese. Here’s my site: https://22cs.xyz

It seems that I have to follow this guide Ghost Handlebars Theme Helpers: translate but I don’t have much experience writing a code. Can anyone help me out?

• I don’t understand what {{t}} is.
  • How and where should I create a locales folder?
  • I understand the very basic structure of a json file (key-value relationship) but I never create one. Is it that I have to use VS Code to create a language file?
  • How do I know how many keys (the elements to be translated) are there in the current theme?
  1. {{t}} is the translation theme helper, which is a utility provided by Ghost to help with translating themes at the code level.
  2. You create the locales folder in the root of the theme.
  3. Using a program like VS Code will definitely improve your experience when writing a JSON file.
  4. The keys you want to use are dictated by whichever text you want to translate. Generally, that means any hardcoded values in the theme files.

Learn more about theme development basics by checking out our tutorials:

Here’s some more high-level info on translation in Ghost:

Is this applied only if I run a self-hosted website? I don’t see where I can write or change a code now that I’m using Ghost (Pro).

Hi there! If you’re having any issues with a Ghost(Pro) site, please drop us an email at support@ghost.org and we’ll be more than happy to give you a hand directly :slight_smile:

Why your website gives me SSL error when I try to visit it? Anyway, Taiwan number one!