Uh-oh! Trouble reaching the Unsplash API, please check your connection

• What’s your URL? taubin.cc
  • What version of Ghost are you using? 2.1.0
  • What browser? Firefox and chrome
  • What errors or information do you see in the console? Uh-oh! Trouble reaching the Unsplash API, please check your connection
  • What steps could someone else take to reproduce the issue you’re having? Attempt to insert a photo with unsplash

For some reason, all of the images on my site have disappeared off and on, and when I attempt to create a new post, or edit an old one with photos from unsplash, I receive the following error:
Uh-oh! Trouble reaching the Unsplash API, please check your connection

I don’t have any firewall blocking this, and it’s been happening on and off since the update to ghost 2. I’m not sure what the issue is that’s causing this, or how to even begin trying to fix it, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have an example post which show an unsplash image not loading? I checked this post, and the images from unsplash load properly, although an image stored in Ghost 404’d.

You could be running into a Georestriction or ratelimiting, and the only way to check is to monitor your network traffic and see what the response from unsplash is

Hmm so I connected to my VPN directly to the server, and they show just fine. Sorry about that I’ll have a dig into the logs on my server and see what’s blocking them from my end, and contact unsplash if necessary. Cheers.

I just wanted to update this, and let everyone know what happened.

I’m a bit sheepish with this update, as it was actually one of my privacy extensions blocking Unsplash. It’s strange in the way it showed in the editor, which is why I didn’t think to turn off that particular extension. I normally would check with a blank profile, just to make sure, but I didn’t this time.

Sorry about that, hopefully if this happens to anyone else in the future, they’ll be smarter than me :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.