Unpublished page available publicly?

Hey there,
I have a draft “About” page on my blog that is accessible publicly at bikesteady.com/p/[id]. Is this expected? It seems to be crawled by Google but not sure if it’s indexed. Is there a way to avoid this and only have unpublished pages/posts accessible if the visitor is authenticated as a blog author?

Thanks in advance for any help.

That looks like a preview link. Any chance you accidentally linked it somewhere, and the Google bot crawled it?

Thanks for your reply. No, I don’t think I linked it anywhere. And when I test with another post/page, the new preview is publicly available at the preview URL even though it’s not published. Do you know of a way to make the preview not publicly available?

Previews are supposed to be publicly available so that you can send the link to someone else. But they have that long uuid string which means they’re not readily guessable. How the Google bot got to it is a mystery, however! You can request removal via the Google search console. You might also want to check your site maps (at sitemap.xml) to confirm that it isn’t there — it shouldn’t be!!