Update Member Settings

Hi All, I’ve been searching high and low but can’t find the answer to the following question. Is there a way for members (especially free members) to update their contact info and subscription settings, or even delete their own accounts, WITHOUT having an admin do it?

Looking at the docs there are ways to update billing information, but not the Name or Email fields. Likewise, they can unsubscribe by clicking unsubscribe in the email, but could not re-subcribe or unsubscribe on their account page. This has been bothering me as I mistyped my name while I was testing the features, and realized there would be no way for the average user to fix this mistake or access their other attributes.

1 Like

I’ve been looking for the same thing.

I’d like to have initial signup with just email to reduce friction when signing up, but I’m integrating Cove comments, so would like users to be able to update their details to add in their preferred name if they are on a paid plan.

Have you seen enabled Portal?

2 Likes

Ha! Of course. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Upgraded my install and switched themes to portal compatible. This did indeed solve the issue - thank you!

3 Likes