What would you like to see on Ghost v5?

No, I don’t use Pro. It’s because I have regular contributors who are not “on staff,” and won’t be. I’ve been using fake emails from Google to be able to add those contributors to “staff” so they get an author block, but it’s definitely a gigantic kludge.

Thanks for the clarification, @BruceInLouisville. I do something similar for my pre-Ghost guest posts, but use a single email address with plus addressing, e.g., myblog+guestname@gmail.com.

However, for new guest posts I use the contributor role, which seems to work well. The author can submit copy, but that’s all.

I’m uncertain why you think either is a kludge or problem; all my quest authors have their own bio attached to their post(s.)

I sometimes cross-post content from elsewhere (with permission, of course). On Wordpress I could set those sources up as an author using the plugin, as I described. So, I had author cards for numerous other publications.

On Ghost, the only way I can do that is to go into Google Workspace and add a fake email for that particular source, such as “kentuckyhealthnews@forwardky.com,” pointing to Bruce@ForwardKY.com. Then, add that fake email as a staff member, send a staff invite to that fake email (which comes to me), confirm it, then set up the author card for that source.

No one is submitting content via that email; I am grabbing the content from the other source.

For a one-off source, using the “Guest Author” staff label is okay. However, for sources we get content from regularly (such as Kentucky Health News), I want to properly identify them, including web address, logo, description, and so on.

2 Likes

Users being able to opt-in / opt-out of individual types of content (probably via labels/tags).

2 Likes

Would like to see:

• 2FA
  • Ability to send a customizable newsletter
2 Likes
  • Custom Field for posts
  • Custom settings type ( Edior / HTML )
2 Likes

I would like to see some basic analytics without using third party analytics tools for example:

• How many website hits
  • Popular posts etc
1 Like

My big wants:

• media library
  • better native support for AWS and gcp would be nice.
  • a better ACL to allow a better permissioning model.
  • SSO would be great as well.
  • custom reusable cards and snippets. Especially more advanced elements similar to react components maybe?
1 Like

Create a webp version of images upon uploading them, so the image isn’t too heavy for a page load. Currently, I do this manually via image optimizers.

I Would also add:

• Captcha
  • Ad slots for sponsors
  • Import export including DB locations and open rates
  • CTA in the middle of a post

Ghost 5.0 was released over 6 months ago, so I’m closing this topic now - thank you everyone for your ideas and contributions!