When users (staff) considered members and are added to `members` table?

I only use Invite functionality in Ghost Admin interface to invite new writers to the platform. Yet I started seeing some of these users also in Membership section. How do these users (writers) become members? Is this even a Ghost thing? I have a few integrations that might not work properly and cause the incorrect behavior.

Hey!

Are you using the Members feature on your site? If you are, and you have sign up forms on your site, then anyone can theoretically sign up as a member, and will appear in the members dashboard. You can also import members via Zapier integrations so that could be where they are coming from?

Staff users is a different concept, and should only be used to invite people on your team who you want to contribute to your site.

Hey, membership feature is active in Ghost Admin, but I’m using standalone Gatsby frontend that doesn’t have any integration with Ghost membership API.

You can also import members via Zapier integrations so that could be where they are coming from?

The integration is set up with Patreon and I don’t see those people on Patreon.

Staff users is a different concept, and should only be used to invite people on your team who you want to contribute to your site.

Right, that’s why I got confused when I saw users in members… So it’s either a bug in Ghost implementation or something is messed up on my end.

Ah I see - it does sounds like the users in members are being fired by an integration. What is your use case/what are you trying to achieve?

Our Beta Members feature isn’t compatible with a Gatsby frontend, so you may want to consider turning the feature off.

1 Like