Hi guys, I’m aware that this might sound ridiculous but i would like to understand why we don’t have a Password system to sign-in but instead the email system?
I tried to look in the forum but can’t find an answer. The reason why i’m asking, stand to the fact that, once i’ll launch my website, people will ask why this way of logging-in.
I would like to have an answer :)
Thank you for any reply
Mainly because passwordless logins have greater security, for multiple reasons:
- People can’t create bad passwords, because they don’t exist
- Passwords can never be hacked, because they don’t exist
- Passwords can never be phished, because they don’t exist
- Passwords can never be forgotten, because they don’t exist
- The security features of the person’s inbox become the security features for their member login - and email providers, generally, have very good security.
Thank you John that’s really helpful really appreciated