Zapier Intergration - Workflow bug

I use the Zapier integration to push updates to social media channels when a new post is published. This works great for the most part, but I’ve noticed and annoying issue.

Let’s say you have a published post. It’s already been zapped and shared to social media. Now let’s say you want to edit a paragraph, add a new tag, fix a spelling mistake… the instant you do this Zapier picks up the change as a new post! This means it shares the post again and fires it off to social media channels.

Is anyone else having this issue? Anyone using a better solution to handle automatically sharing schedule posts to social media channels?

Thanks in advance.
Andrew

Which version of the Zapier app are you using? Version 1.x has been deprecated, there’s a newer 2.x version that uses the v2 Admin API and webhooks.

The zapier integration page in the ghost admin area doesn’t seem to show version details.
Where can I find this information?

I think it should show up in your Zapier interface when managing a Zap, it will either show (1.0.8) or (2.0.0). Another way to tell is to look at which actions are available, the 2.0.0 version will have a “Create Post” action.

It’s the old one! Thanks for the tip. Will hook up the new zap :slight_smile:

Cool, be sure to let us know if you run into any issues!