A new bitcoin payments integration - scrib

Wanted to drop a new bitcoin payments integration we built for our site (TFTC.io) and just launched as a standalone product for anyone else who would like to integrate bitcoin payments on their Ghost site. We’re calling the integration scrib (https://scribsat.com/) and right now it allows you to integrate bitcoin payments over the Lightning Network via BTCPay Server, OpenNode, or LN Address. We’re currently in the process of adding more payment processors to the list.

Right now you can use the integration to create individual content paywalls for articles that typically only go to paid members (example here: Issue #1309: The CBDC will be significantly more inconvenient than bitcoin). In the near future you’ll be able to charge for subscriptions in bitcoin, receive donations in bitcoin, and incorporate a “boost” button on an article page that will allow users to automatically send you sats when they hit the button.

Let me know what you think!

4 Likes

I see Scrib has a monthly fee in USD. Can that be paid in BTC instead?

1 Like

It’s priced in USD but will only be payable via BTC.

Is that near future closer? :slight_smile:

That’s huge, thanks for sharing! I would chose Monero but I can do it from BTCPay because it supports more currencies.

We can use FixedFloat with BTCPay and that will works like a charm to recieve other crypto-currencies.

I probably want to subscribe to the service but because I really need it, it’s not good for me to pay a subscription for an integration between two open-source projects (no offense, I’m honest).

Could be one-time payment possible? There are plans to open-source the project or something?

@MartyBent I haven’t taken a close look at this yet but my initial impression is that this sounds very cool and useful to add to the Ghost ecosystem. Cheers!

@MartyBent I’m still interested if you don’t mind and can contribute for sure :slight_smile:

There is Ghost Blockonomics integration for accepting membership on Ghost in BTC. You can check out here - Ghost Setup Utility - Blockonomics

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!

Do you know if I can find the code of those widgets?

Crypto is about self custody and verify (not trust) so it’s a major requirement to be implemented as open-source :)

1 Like

You can create widget at Payment Widget - Blockonomics and enter its Widget UID on Ghost Utility

Crypto is about self custody and verify (not trust)

I strongly agree :muscle: which is why Blockonomics has only direct to wallet solutions so that merchants have self custody of funds. Any payment made goes directly to the wallet. No KYC, no intermediaries - simple ecommerce, just like it is meant to be.

it’s a major requirement to be implemented as open-source :slight_smile:

Blockonomics values open-source, which is why integrations are open source.

You can checkout widget api docs here and a basic tutorial here. Script for widget is available at https://www.blockonomics.co/js/pay_widget.js

Let me know if there is any other assistance required or any further questions. Would love some feedback if you get the chance to try it out :tophat:

1 Like

Hi there, thanks for your following up!

I’m looking for the source code. Is it available for verify and NOT trust?

I understand you are mantaining the project. If that’s the case, sorry but if you respect the fundamentals and you are using open-source projects, you need to open-source your project too :slight_smile:

1 Like