Adding functionality to Ghost?

Hi All

As I understand it, Ghost does not have plugins. Is this correct?

I am looking at various payment gateways that accept crypto payments / tips. I would like to add the ability to accept crypto payments for site subscriptions and tips for individual articles. As such, I would need to add something to the page that lays out an article as well as some way for users to pay for subscriptions. I would also need some place in the admin panel to configure accounts, subscription levels etc.

How would I go about this sort of thing? Can it all be done with integrations?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

1 Like

Your options are to write some code (a lot of code) or pay somebody to write a lot of code.

You could also submit the feature/s you want as a post in the ā€œIdeasā€ category of this forum.

I would check if thereā€™s an integration that can help you first:

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. I did look through the integrations and found none that would work. This lead me to thinking in terms of checking if I am able to get one which does something similar and adapting it.

I thought perhaps the Paypal or Stripe integrations but I have not managed to find source for either of these yet. Admittedly I have not spent a load of time looking yet. :slight_smile:

Regards

Hi Donald,

Sorry, I missed your reply.

I would like to have a go at getting it working. I am currently looking at using the Paypal and / or Stripe integrations as a base from which to start.

Are either of these available via Github?

Thank you for your reply.

Regards

Stripe ceased processing Bitcoin transactions back in 2018.

I donā€™t know if Paypal processes crypto transactions, but I wouldnā€™t recommend using Paypal anyway.

I was actually wanting to use them more as a template for my own integration. I am very new to this community so am still feeling my way around and trying to figure out what is the best way to achieve things and make changes.

If I understand correctly the best way to make a ā€˜pluginā€™ is an integration?

Regards

I am interested in the same thing - Did you have any success?

Also interested in this!

Do you have any success?