Adding custom fields and a custom button to the tags feature in Ghost CMS

Hello everyone,

I am looking to customize the tags feature in Ghost CMS to include some additional fields and a custom button. I am hoping that someone in the community can help me out with this.

The additional fields that I would like to add to the tags feature are:

• Artist Real Name
  • Artist Stage Name
  • Artist DOB
  • Artist Place of Birth
  • Artist Genres
  • Artist Bio
  • Artist Instagram with official icon
  • Artist Facebook with official icon
  • Artist Twitter with official icon
  • Artist Website with web icon

I would like to be able to fill in these fields when creating a new tag and have them display on the tag archive page. Additionally, I would like to be able to search and filter tags based on these fields.

I would also like to add a custom button to the tag archive page that will link to a full profile page for each tag. This button should be customizable and able to link to any URL.

I have some experience with web development, but I am not sure where to start with this customization. Can anyone in the community provide guidance on how to achieve this functionality?

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 Like

I’m not aware that there any plans to add custom field support to Ghost.

But they did just add a duplicate post feature. So you could make a template post and duplicate it for each artist.

But this won’t help with per-field search and filtering. For that, some significant custom development work would be required, or you need to use a platform that supports custom fields, like WordPress.