Additional payment methods beta - can't enable iDEAL recurring payments

Hi team,

Very happy with the support of new payment methods in Ghost!

I’ve joined the beta, flipped the option in ‘settings’, and changed the configuration in Stripe to offer iDeal payments. However, Stripe won’t allow me to flip ‘recurring payments’ (=terugkerende betalingen).

Because of this, the payment options don’t show yet.

This only seems to be an issue for the Ghost-based Stripe configuration.

Thanks, Jasper

1 Like

Do you know if this new beta features allows us to turn on PayPal reoccurring subscriptions as it’s shown on this page on Ghost’s website. I’m not going to be near my computer for a couple days or I’d log in and see for myself.

Shows PayPal As Built In Payment Option

@The_Jetsetter_Cheap Please don’t spam multiple topics with the same question. I’ve responded here Want to use both Stripe + Paypal both payment method together - #4 by Kevin

@Jasper I’ve had a quick look at the Stripe docs, it looks like iDEAL is a single-payment-only system so for recurring payments you need to use it in combination with SEPA. Have you set that payment method up too?

iDEAL is a single use payment method where customers are required to authenticate each payment. With this integration, Stripe charges your customer 0.01 EUR through iDEAL to collect their bank details. After your customer authenticates the payment, Stripe refunds the payment and stores your customer’s IBAN in a SEPA Direct Debit payment method. You can then use the SEPA Direct Debit PaymentMethod to accept paymentsor set up a subscription.

To use iDEAL to set up SEPA Direct Debit payments, you must activate SEPA Direct Debit in the Dashboard. You must also comply with the iDEAL Terms of Service and SEPA Direct Debit Terms of Service.

1 Like

Hi Kevin, thanks for checking.

I have enabled the SEPA payment, however that won’t allow me to include iDEAL payments.

Currently, I am using a work-around with Stripe for my Ghost account. And with that setup it was able to enable iDEAL for recurring revenues. So it’s specifically not possible for the Ghost platform.

Ofcourse happy to help with additional insights.

What’s the work-around you are using?

I’ve set the site to ‘invite only’ and embedded a different Stripe payment option (default version), connected to the membership packages in Ghost. In that option, I was able to use iDeal for recurring revenues.

Obviously my setup is not ideal (pun intented) as it disallows certain good Ghost features and made me re-code certain parts of the template.