Anybody using Ghost as a booking/shop site?

Is there anybody here that is using Ghost as a booking or a shopping site as in pasting product codes into the pages or posts? If so, would you care to share your thoughts, ideas and experiences around it? :slight_smile:

I am actually working on that right now – basically extending my mother-in-law’s current website (she is a tailor and fashion designer) to add some e-commerce functionality with Stripe.

Let’s put it this way: it’s a pain – but less of a pain than setting up something like Woocommerce as a secondary site :joy:

If she had the idea of having her own online store when I set up that website for her, I probably wouldn’t have chosen Ghost.

In the end, I will now create custom product cards for her and linking them to Stripe payment links.

Wish me luck :joy:

1 Like

How very exciting, I am trying to set up a booking site for a B&B and went for a cloud hosted big one that I cancelled two days in cause it was a drag!

Now I found another tool that I came further with during my first 5minutes of their trial than two full days using the other one.

But the look and feel of this tool is a bit crippled but then I saw one can paste code into external sites which triggered this idea of using a Ghost site as the base :slight_smile:

ps I used to do both Woocommerce and OpenCart never EVER will I do that again… ;)

1 Like

Funnily enough, I did work with small boutique hotels a while back and usually opted for a similar solution: a base site in the tech stack of my choice, to then just embed the booking tools they already used.

In my opinion, definitely the least headache :smiley:

I believe it is still a bit of the same, great looking website. Thanks so much for sharing :smiley:

That is interesting info.

I really thought going for the thing I tried (and then gave up) would give me a great looking site and a good tool to connect to booking and air bb. But having such a hazzle just to set it up made me really sceptic.

I could not even use my own mail over there, like one would do using normal cloud hosting which I do a lot since having another kind of web shop and my Ghost Pro etc.

The one I found have the tool but maybe not the layout one would like but with the great tools of Ghost and the fact it is a tiny B&B I sense pasting the code into the Ghost editor and create a fab looking page around it, is the way to go :smiley:

1 Like

So, just thought it might be interesting to share here. This is how we ended up implementing the “ecommerce” functionality: From Ellie’s Workshop to Your Wardrobe: Handmade Reversible Hoodies

In the end, I put together an HTML embed for the product cards and just linked them to Stripe.

I also thought about implementing every single product as a post and then using a custom page with handlebars to pull it in – but that thought came to me after already setting up the entire page. Might try to do that in a v2 for this :joy:

That looks truly amazing, well done :hear_no_evil: Also that is great stuff she’s selling #seriouscraving :rofl:

1 Like