Are the images in blogs stored in persistent storage of kubernetes or MySQL database?

If you’re looking for some help, it’s important to provide as much context as possible so that people are able to assist you. Try to always mention:

• What version of Ghost are you using?
  • What configuration?
    Ghost Blog 2.13.1 with Google Cloud SQL database in Google Cloud Kubernetes Engine.
  • What browser?
    Google Chrome
  • What errors or information do you see in the console?
    Images not found for old blog entries before upgrade.
  • What steps could someone else take to reproduce the issue you’re having?
    I upgraded from 2.1.1 to 2.13.1 version using same old MySQL database but different persistent storage volume in kubernetes.

What’s the issue:
I could load blog entries with text content in upgraded blog but not the images.
It’s throwing 404 Image not found for /content/images/2019/02/Capture.PNG inside blog entries.
I want to retrieve those images as well.

If you aren’t using a custom storage adapter to store files in object storage on e.g. S3 or Google Cloud, you really should be.
No files are stored in the database, only settings, post content, etc. Your files will be stored on the persistent volume you were using, so you’d need to recover that in order to get the images back. I’d recommend migrating to object storage, it’s safer and in most cases costs almost nothing (for the first year, actually costs nothing with Amazon or Google)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.