Build better landing pages - Ghost Changelog

For those using our new Beta Editor, it's now possible to remove the title and feature image from any page you're building in Ghost — so you can make your pages look radically different, no coding required.

To hide the title and feature image from a page, all you need to do is click the toggle in the page settings:

Once that's done, you can use a combination of dynamic cards in the editor to make your landing page look the part, with headers, calls-to-action to attract new signups, images, toggles, copy, and more!

Here's some examples of what's possible:

Ghost(Pro) users can log in and start enjoying all of this right away! If you're a developer, self-hosting Ghost, you'll need to update to the latest version to get access to everything that's new.

This feature is supported by the latest versions of all official Ghost themes. Go to SettingsDesignChange theme and reinstall your theme to update to the latest version. If you're using a custom theme, reach out to your theme developer, or visit the docs.

6 Likes

Wow, this is such a fantastic feature! I love it, very useful!!!

Thanks a ton, Ghost team. Keep shipping these wonderful features…

1 Like

Amazing - attempting to try it out but it doesn’t look enabled for me on Ghost Pro. I have merged the latest Headline theme changes into my fork but can’t see the option to hide on editor beta.

EDIT - this is only for pages, not posts. Now working.

1 Like

I really like the sign-up cards, especially in full-width side-by-side format. They’re an awesome step towards allowing non-techie users to build pages that don’t look like blogs. The only thing that would make them better is if there were additional cards like them that also made doing side by side or gridded content easy. I’m sort of underwhelmed by the landing pages, because this is functionality that could already be built into the theme, using a custom template. It’s great that the Ghost built-in themes are getting this functionality and that theme creators will be expected to provide it now, but I’d be far more excited about another card that actually made complicated layouts easier. :)

(I also anticipate some gnashing of teeth that this functionality is only for pages… there are some reasonable arguments to be made for building ‘page’-like content as posts (routing, collections, search)…)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.