Complaint about MailGun

Quick formal complaint about mailgun and the need to have other integration options:

I set up Mailgun early last week. Within two days of using the service, I noticed that the account was permanently deactivated. I contacted multiple people at Mailgun who only confirmed that the account was disabled and could not point me to any real reasons.

I tried to get in touch with higher-ups to understand why to no avail. Even after being permanently disabled, I had to request a refund on my own accord.

I’m not sure what to do about using Ghost because Mailgun permanently disabled my account, but this shows a huge weakness in the Ghost model (decentralized) to have to rely on a singular service like Mailgun.

1 Like

@alexgoldman68 did MailGun ever get back to you why they deactivated the account? Am looking at possibly signing up to MailGun or using the MailChimp/ConvertKit integration and don’t want to fall into a similar issue.

No they did not. I haven’t heard of many others having this problem though.

This started to happen frequently (for number of my clients). They just don’t provide us with a reason and just disable the accounts permanently leaving us have no choice but to migrate to Ghost Pro, or any other managed hosting option.

Here is one of the recent conversations had with the Mailgun team. (In this case we signed up for the Foundation trial plan, and the account just flagged as temporary disabled. - We didn’t even connect the domain)