Email notifications - Ghost Changelog

Ever wished you could get a quick email alert to let you know when you have a new signup, paid subscription, or cancellation? Now you can, with email notifications built directly into Ghost.

Staff users can choose which notifications they'd like to receive from within their profile settings:

-

And, notification emails contain helpful context about what just happened:

This should make it easier for you to keep track of what's happening with your site and your audience, without needing to log in to see check if something changed.

For larger sites with many members where email notifications might be overwhelming, you can always set up more powerful custom automated notifications to go anywhere you like, using Zapier.

Ghost(Pro) users can log in and start enjoying all of this right away! If you're a developer, self-hosting Ghost, you'll need to upgrade to the latest version to get access to everything that's new.

5 Likes

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but even though commenting is disabled on my site (with Ghost Comments, at least):

Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 10.57.28 am

I’m still given the option to be emailed about new comments:

Regardless, thanks for the fantastic addition – that gets rid of yet another Zap!

I wondered about that too. It seems like the toggle would be off if commenting is disabled. Definitely NBD though… (as far as I can tell!). I’m super excited about the other notifications. My site is launching this month (fingers crossed!) and all these new features over the summer are going to make my life so much easier. :)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.