"port": 465,
      "service": "SES",
      "auth": {
        "user": "XXX",
        "pass": "XXX"
      }
    }
  },

This config works for the emails sent to invited staff members. For these emails the correct from email address as specified in the above config is used.

But when someone subscribes, the email with the signup link they receive is sent from noreply@<blog-domain>. I.e. the from as specified in the config, is not used here. Do note that the rest of the mail config is indeed used. In my case, this means that AWS SES is used correctly.

I also just noticed that when a subscriber is logged in, the Contact support button opens an email to noreply@<domain>. This seems related to this issue. It would make sense to me that the from mail option is used for this contact email address? Letting users sent an email to a noreply@ email address seems odd.

Please let me know if there is any more info I can provide. :)

Thank you so much for your time and effort looking into this!

Steps to Reproduce

1. Use custom mail config as described above
  2. Test that this config is indeed used and working when inviting a new staff member
  3. Test that the from field of the config is ignored when someone subscribes
  4. Also test that the Contact support button opens an email to the same email address as in 3..

Related Github issues:

Setup information

Ghost Version

Node.js Version
v16.16.0

How did you install Ghost?
Self-hosted - AWS

Provide details of your host & operating system
Ubuntu

Database type
MySQL 8

Browser & OS version
Include if reporting frontend bugs.

Relevant log / error output
Copy and paste any relevant log output. Use backticks to format this into code.

@marnix I have already asked you not to duplicate things. There is already a forum thread here, which you have previously been linked to: Mail 'from' option shows no effect

All the time I’m spending cleaning up your duplicates actively detracts from any time I have to spend on helping with the issue :woman_shrugging:t2: