How to add additional social media icons on the Edition theme

Hi there,

We have gone through the tutorial documentation, How to add social media icons to your theme, but we were not able to replicate it for the Edition theme. Do you have a tutorial that shows how to do it on the Edition theme?

We were not able to find the class “gh-head-actions” in the default.hbs

We did find the class “head-actions”, which has the existing social media icons, in the partials/header.hbs. Is this where we need to make the change?

We were trying to add the Instagram and YouTube icons.

The site is: https://shukriadellawar.ghost.io/
Running Ghost 5.0 version,

Thank you for your help in advance.

Mille

1 Like

Hi Mille - I’m new to Ghost but I have just added icons to my site so this is fresh in memory. I’ve pulled the Edition theme and lifted the hood.

You’re right - it appears the header.hbs file is the place you want to edit. Go with the classes used by the icons that are already there in the Edition theme rather than the ones in the tutorial. They are doing the same thing - specifying size and color.

You’re doing great - keep trying stuff!

Regards, Pete

Hi Pete,

I’m new to Ghost and I’m total noob in coding. I went through the tutorial documentation, How to add social media icons to your theme, but was not able to replicate it for the Edition theme. I tried to follow your instruction but failed. Do you have an example that shows how to do it on the Edition theme? I have no idea what I’m doing wrong.

Best Regards
Mateusz

Hello Mateusz,

If You are from Poland PM me I’ll help or send you my local ghost withone is configured and ready to build themes.

Did you use gulp for build theme files? Remember that default themes in ghost have repo and they can be pulled from GH (not confirmed).

You can try copy theme, change name and then try edit code ;)

Hi Piotr,

I’m from Poland. How can I PM you? I don’t see any contact form in your profile or Scriptmania site.

I will be more than happy if you can help me.

You have example: https://forum.scriptmania.pl

Czyli mam założyć konto, zalogować się i rozpocząć dyskusję na Forum?

Napisałem Ci w prywatnej wiadomości jeszcze maila do siebie, ale na forum też możesz. Serwer do discorda też Ci tam wysłałem bodajże.

Po lewej stronie pod “All categories” masz możliwość zjechania niżej i tam jest “Messages” a następnie inbox ;)

1 Like