How to share the link of his newsletter?

Good morning. :wave:t4:

I would like to know how to share the link of his newsletter to put on social networks please ?

Thierry

Theirry, I’m not absolutely clear what your question is - not exactly certain. I think there may be a typo.

Ghost doesn’t automatically create a page published on your website that is a copy of (or similar to) each email newsletter sent out. So, there is no ‘out of the box’ URL for each email newsletter to social share, either manually or automatically by, for example, a social button.

However, there is a manual option you can set up with a bit of ‘coding’ that can be used to keep your newsletters as pages on your site. It may not be exactly what you want, but perhaps it will do. You could keep your newsletters as ‘Collections’ on your site and those pages can each be socially shared. If that’s what you’re interested in, then this article explains how to do that. As you’ll see, it’s not something that can be toggled in the back end. It would be possible to code a social link button for each collection and it would obviously be possible to simply manually share the URL for each newsletter in the ‘Collection’ once you had set that up as per that article.

BTW, ‘Collections’ are not quite the same as ‘Tags’ and the difference is quite confusing at first for those who arrive at Ghost. Especially if they are comfortable with the WP methods of compartmentalising posts and pages. Lots of info in the help pages here about that too.

It’s “Thierry”, not “Theirry”.

I want to share a newsletter link for people to sign up. :slightly_smiling_face:

I feel foolish now: I got your name wrong and I misunderstood your question. Sorry.

Sadly, I’m still don’t understand your question. That may be frustrating, because I’m certain it conveys its intent with clarity and others passing by will likely agree.

In Ghost, a newsletter is an email.

What is a link to an email please?

If you meant a URL link to a copy of a Ghost newsletter email that appears in the form of a post on the Ghost website, then I refer your to my original reply.

If you meant embedding a link in a ghost newsletter email for the newsletter/email recipient to use to subscribe to your Ghost website (a button perhaps), that is an option you can edit into the Ghost newsletter/email template in the Ghost settings area.

If you meant an html snippet to embed in any html page (or html email) anywhere (so outside Gjost), that is a new feature recently added again available to create, edit and copy the snippet for use as html by visiting the Ghost settings area.

If you meant something else, I’m sorry that I haven’t addressed that. Perhaps an example would help anybody who isn’t able to immediately simply reply with the answer you’re seeking?

1 Like

Hi ! I forgive you. You can talk to me, I don’t mind.

So yes that’s it, sharing the newsletter link for people to subscribe.

For example, this: https://landing.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/m3r5l7

This is my link to the other newsletter (which I intend to leave).

Do you understand better now ? :slightly_smiling_face:

yoursite.com/ghost/#/settings/members?showPortalSettings=true > Links.

Hi, phew!

I’ve already given the answer to that in my first reply and I referred to it in my second one above too. Here’s the link again..

The first screenshot below is from Ghost’s own page describing ‘Collections’ (the key to the method in the link above). This is the page it comes from. It shows how a collection is presented. This ‘style’ can be altered a bit, but not a great deal (and see below).

This is how an emailed Newsletter’s list of the latest posts on this subject could be presented as a Collection on a special type of tag page (using tags only found in this specific newsletter and referencing each article in the newsletter). So, this is what the post would look like on the website and this page’s URL is the link that you seek in your question.

I don’t think this is going to meet your design needs. If I’m wrong, that’s because I’ve done my best from the information you have given.

What may be a bit confusing in Ghost is that all posts must use one of the “Post Templates” in your “Theme”. These are found in the “Post Settings” at the right side of the post editing window. You must select one of them. I have put a picture of what that looks like below: it’s the second screenshot taken from my test site for you.

You can code (design/write) a new Post Template in Ghost if you choose. The methodology is well described in the forum and in the Ghost help pages. And you will see several built into the Theme (Simply) which is the one I used for the second screenshot below.

However, users of Ghost are still somewhat constrained by the base code used by all templates. This is deliberate and seen as a strength of Ghost for those for whom it is most suited. There is a common ‘feel’ to all Ghost websites (just as there is in WP when a ‘complex’ theme is used, for example to convey a corporate ‘feel’.

But, if you are skilled, then you have some design freedom in a Theme and for Post templates. The editing must be done in the Theme files (as explained in the help files).

Coming now to your example (the image of the newsletter), I believe you want the Newsletter pages on your website for each Newsletter sent by email to be close copies of each of the emailed Newsletters.

WP offers this pretty much out of the box once you know how to use it or with any one of dozens of plugins if you don’t.

Ghost does not offer this. It is difficult to have a Ghost website Post look exactly like a Ghost Newsletter email that is sent by Ghost.

You can edit the design of your newsletter - a bit. And you can edit the design of a post - quite a lot more. A ‘Collection’ of the Posts sent in the Ghost emailed newsletter is a special type of Tag page collated by means of tags used only in the Newsletter. The collation is done by Ghost in the background using the same ‘machinery’ as it uses to collate Tags for a Tag Page.

So, that forms the ‘Collection’ referred to in the method I have suggested above. But there is no automatic cross-over between newsletter design/editing/template and website blog post design/editing/templates in Ghost.

This is a strength for most using Ghost. Especially bloggers where content and the distribution of what’s new on a blog is the key aim.

However, some users/companies find this limiting, especially for complex corporate or complex monetisation aims.

I have added two final screenshots - so you’ll see 4 in total below. So, the third screenshot is what a newsletter sent from my test site looks like in an email client. Clicking on any of the posts —> webpage for that post. You will see one post is present in its entirety. The final screenshot is a Tag page from my test site that coincidentally lists most of the posts in the newsletter shown in the third screenshot: so, this is almost exactly what a post on my website would look like for the newsletter you see if I implemented the method I’m suggesting.

Here are the four screenshots reference above.

This link takes me to what looks like a Monster Host main landing page with the following URL. The URL is a mishmash of your original URL and a MonsterHost promo landing page.

As you’ll know, yoursite.com was assimilated by Monster Host.

You just need to swap yoursite.com with your domain.

I see, my mistake, thanks :star_struck: