Internal linking between posts

Is there any way to add links to other posts, without having to use the absolute url for the post that is being linked to? With lots of internal links between posts, there’s a lot of extra work finding the posts and copy-pasting the post’s url.

2 Likes

+1 for me.
I use a lot the internal linking function and with ghost it breaks my work flow. I have to go out copy link, back to post, past.

Would be great to use the @ function to search for internal posts / pages

5 Likes

+1 from me also. this will be very helpful for us.

Good idea! Moved this to the #ideas category so that people can vote on the topic

this is a big issue I face, would love to see this added!

Love this idea! I’d use it a lot.

This is probably the biggest issue for SEO and somethings that really makes me want to go back to Wordpress. It’s not gonna happen, because I’m quite sure Ghost it’s gonna add this function soon!

This would be a game changer!

Would a Chrome extension that made it easy to add that internal link solve this problem?

1 Like

This is something I’d definitely pay a monthly subscription for. We have over 4,000 articles on our travel site about towns/cities. Interlinking them all manually is a nightmare currently.

2 Likes

Finding internal posts/pages easily is a must - I’d like to use the @ symbol like a mention.

What would make Ghost stand out from the rest is highlighting keywords that exact/phrase match internal posts/pages as suggestions. That would be :fire::fire:

instead of @ maybe the "[[ " markdown thing is a better choice.

We shouldn’t pay for such a basic function that most of the other CMS have since day one. I think internal linking wouldn’t be enough. There should be also an internal search engine that let’s you search not just the titles like as of today, but also the text of the articles and the html (such as links or code).

+1 for this too.

Most members I know spend a lot of time linking internally. Given internal linking has positive effects on SEO, I think adding this feature would greatly benefit Ghost community and users.

1 Like

please make it happen!

4 Likes

sounds good i love this idea! :smile:

1 Like