Is anyone using MailChimp or ConvertKit for their Ghost subscribers mailing list?

I am looking at creating a blog but would like to utilise some of the features that MailChimp or ConvertKit use such as email sequences. Has anyone used any of the integrations or have any example Ghost sites/newsletters?

I’ve been with ConvertKit for a while now and really like it. Trying to integrate the two services has been challenging, mostly because I have a number of sequences and automations that get triggered based on certain events.

A typical roadmap would be a person downloads a lead magnet (free ebook in my case) and get popped into a sequence that offers a discount to my blog (Ghost), which doesn’t allow free signups, only premium.

This is working but… yeah I wish it could be better. The one obvious answer is to drive everything through ConvertKit. The Zapier integration is great so I know who these people are but Ghost keeps launching great features and I want to use it for the simple stuff (member newsletters).

I dunno. I’m stuck at this point.

I am using MailerLite. I started using it for blog and hosting too but it just had too many issues there.

But regarding the email marketing and newsletter, I like it so far.

On subscribe I use zapier to add them to a list over in MailerLite. From there I have a weekly email newsletter that sends out new blog posts based on my ghost site RSS feed. I also set up email drip campaigns to email them about a course I offer on the web site as well.

It does a good job so far with capabilities for a small price.

I just wish ghost had an option to break out name into first and last name in the ghost database. Since it doesn’t, I have to manually edit the name once it’s pushed over to my email system into first name and last name otherwise the personalized email doesn’t look very personal.

I could use zapier to do this, but don’t want to pay another monthly fee just for that.

1 Like

If Ghost isn’t the email platform you need, there’s really no point in using Ghost. Get a blog, and use Mautic it’s free, open source, and a much more capable email marketing system than most paid email services.

There’s more to Ghost. Isn’t Ghost fast, no fuss and no hundred plugins ready? Or am I missing something?

I’ve been using Wordpress, I still use it in some websites. But after using Ghost I can say I really don’t want to look back. They just need to fix some features like SEO Schema.org better integration, internal linking features and a little bit of other stuff.

1 Like