Mail Flagger - Mailgun tracking and analytics

Hi @akarjeker,

When you mention Support, is that Mailgun or Cloudflare? Can you check your Mailgun events log after sending your latest blog?

There seems to be an issue with CNAME because Mailflagger can see all the other email events. Cloudflare forum mentions turning off the orange cloud for CNAME. This appears to bypass Cloudflare. And if it is off, try turning it on and off to make sure setting takes. Have you tried this yet?

With your permission I’d like to send some test emails from your Mailgun account using Mailflagger. Would that be ok?

Best,

Sergio

@srg - I’m talking with Mailgun support. CNAME is set up properly but the open/clicked events aren’t being tracked on the Mailgun side. I’m working with them to sort it out.

Please hold off on sending any emails from the Mailgun account. Let me try and sort it out on that side.

On the plus side - I think your product is working because Mailflagger does see the sent events.

:+1:t4:

If I may suggest. Try removing cloudflare from the equation. Just to isolate the problem for now.

best,

srg

/** New Feature **/
Turn your Mailgun Email Events into Marketing Opportunities

We’ve added Email Event Listeners! Programmable listeners (sometimes called rules, actions) that listen for an event on your emails and can take an action for you.

What is an event? An event is anything that occurs with an email that is tracked. Event types that are tracked include: accepted, delivered, rejected, failed, opened, clicked, unsubscribed, complained and stored.

Best,

Sergio
Mailflagger.com

1 Like

Sergio, thank you so much for posting this. You just saved me from dumping both Ghost and MailGun. With any sort of consolidated analytics- I was lost on my path forward.

This is fantastic! Spreading the word!!!

Thanks Ryan. Let me know if you have any questions or feedback.

srg

Actually, I miss-spoke. I thought I’d be able to see link metric data. However, I found that the system just makes MailGun data easier to real.

All the same, I indeed like it. Now I need to figure out how to pull link data.

Thank you.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by link metric data? I’m always looking to improve Mailflagger.

Hi all,
We’ve just added message analytics. View events, geolocation and links clicked for individual messages/newsletters.

As soon as you sign up we can start saving your Mailgun logs.

Looks cool. Will give it a go.

FYI:
just added download Mailgun message events to CSV file. Download clicks, click url, open, failed, etc from a newsletter message to your favorite spreadsheet app.

Hey Everyone,
By Ghost publishers’ request, we’ve added 3 new features: unique opens in message report, search newsletter messages by recipient address and displaying number of recipients in messages.

New Features:

Do you know if it will work on a Ghost hosted site (which doesnt have direct access to Mailgun)?

Hi,
Mailflagger integrates directly with Mailgun using your api key. If Ghost hosted sites don’t give you access to the Mailgun account then it wouldn’t work.
best,

srg

thanks for explaining that…and Ghost hosted sites dont have access to a mailgun API.

“you get what you get”…or so Ghost Admin tell me

This is a super tool @srg

1 Like

Hi @srg! I have a question regarding the statistics data you show on your platform (I don’t know if this was already answered somewhere). I’m wondering how exactly do you count failed messages? Is this somehow cumulative, or is the number unique to email addresses? I find having 60 failed messages for one newsletter a lot😅.

Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 11.35.13

Hi @martinverbic,

A failed event is recorded each time the email was attempted to be delivered but was not accepted by the recipient’s email service provider. If an attempt fails, Mailgun will resend the the email. This process can occur multiple times if the recipient’s email provider is not accepting your email. In your case it doesn’t mean that it failed to 60 unique email addresses.

To check, use the Download CSV option on the report page to view the recipient of each failed attempt.

Best,

srg

1 Like

Awesome, thanks!

When you mention Support, is that Mailgun or Cloudflare?

Can you check your Mailgun events log after sending your latest blog?

There seems to be an issue with CNAME because Mailflagger can see all the other email events.

Cloudflare forum mentions turning off the orange cloud for CNAME.

This appears to bypass Cloudflare.

And if it is off, try turning it on and off to make sure setting takes.

Have you tried this yet?

With your permission I’d like to send some test emails from your Mailgun account using Mailflagger.

Would that be ok?