Membership EMAIL Not Working: Mailgun does not work

Hello,
Is there a way to enable Membership Subscription WITHOUT Mailgun? We have spent 3 days trying to get mailgun to work, it will not function.
Our production config looks like this:
“mail”: {
“transport”: “SMTP”,
“options”: {
“service”: “Mailgun”,
“host”: “smtp.mailgun.org”,
“port”: 465,
“secureConnection”: false,
“auth”: {
“user”: “postmaster@my domain”,
“pass”: “My API Key”
}
}
Is there any other way to enable Membership? We DON’T PLAN on using Ghost to send Bulk email.
We just want members to be able to sign up.

Can you please format your code?

“mail”: {
  • this sign is wrong
  • don’t confuse it with "

to format:

Thanks, but I believe the formatting you are seeing was changed by the this FORUM tool.
I have given up on Mailgun and gone on to Mailchimp. Is there a way to get Mailchimp to work with the Subscription form on Ghost? I am thinking of running Membership subscription on a Sub Domain using PHP, if all fails.
Thanks

I am of the opinion, the Absence of a messaging tool integration that works out of the box in Production is a big Achilles heels for Ghost.

First of all, you don’t need mailgun for emails to work. By default it uses local email service:

Ghost uses Nodemailer 0.7 under the hood, and tries to use the direct mail service if available. However in situations where reliability is required, such as sending bulk newsletter emails, an external service is recommended.

As for mailgun, I encountered an annoying issue. If you registered in EU mailgun region, you need to use a different host: smtp.eu.mailgun.org (read more).