Membership Tiers: beta feedback/issues

No way, that totally fixed it, thanks!

1 Like

I have sent an email to support, but wasn’t sure how to report/file a Portal-related issue, so thought I’d bring this here in case anyone has any suggestions…

I’ve been converting my custom membership page over to the new Tiers beta to display dynamic tiers using a combination of an @products loop and some creative javascript and css. I’ve solved all the display issues, but at the moment my custom tier signup/upgrade buttons are barely functional. I’ve tried both the portal signup data attributes and the links, and neither has worked correctly or consistently, but I’ve finally gotten them to a point where they are somewhat consistent, but except in one case, they don’t take the user to the appropriate Portal tier signup or stripe payment page.

I’m fairly certain that the links generated by the Portal admin (with NO trailing slash) don’t match what the portal front-end .js is expecting, which, based on the following code appears to REQUIRE a trailing slash:

getPageFromLinkPath(path) {
        const customPricesSignupRegex = /^signup\/?(?:\/(\w+?))?\/?$/;
        const customMonthlyProductSignup = /^signup\/?(?:\/(\w+?))\/monthly\/?$/;
        const customYearlyProductSignup = /^signup\/?(?:\/(\w+?))\/yearly\/?$/;

I’m not 100% sure the above code is a culprit in all this, but playing around with the links (by adding the missing trailing slashes), it does seem to match the behavior, at least for the “yearly” links. I can’t get the “monthly” links to function at all for existing members, so have resorted to using /portal/signup/{{id}}/ so it will at least open the portal account page like the yearly links currently do.

It’s worth noting that the behavior is different depending on the user’s membership status and which link (monthly or yearly) they’re clicking:

1. Existing Members
    a. #/portal/signup/{{id}}/monthly/ — Does nothing
    b. #/portal/signup/{{id}}/ — Displays Portal account modal
    c. #/portal/signup/{{id}}/yearly/ — Displays Portal account modal
  2. Non-members
    a. #/portal/signup/{{id}}/monthly/ — Loads correct Stripe payment page
    b. #/portal/signup/{{id}}/ — Displays Portal plans page w/Failure message
    c. #/portal/signup/{{id}}/yearly/ — Displays Portal plans page w/Failure message

In all this, the only link that appears to work as it should is the non-members’ monthly link.

I’m guessing this is a bizarre sequence of bugs/mishandlings related to the signup link handling logic in Portal, but if it’s something I (or the original London theme on which my theme is based) has fouled up, I hope someone can steer me toward a solution.

Awesome, I was just searching for this in Genki and couldn’t find it myself, then I saw this.

Do you plan to update it sometime soon, knowing this? Because as it stands now I keep my Membership page deactivated not to confuse people.

The hardcoded free tier is very confusing for the subscribers, because mine doesn’t only offer a “free preview” but all articles, in full, from an entire category. Is this going to be able to be edited soon? :blush:

1 Like

Hi @Franka_Grubisic_Stud At this moment I can not add 'Tiers’ support to the theme. I have to wait for the support of the 'benefits’ list in themes, as soon as it is possible I will start updating the theme :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to follow up on my bug report, at least part of the issue has already been fixed, and I’ve been told that an additional fix is forthcoming, so I’m hoping next week or shortly thereafter all my custom membership links will work the way I’m expecting.