Newsletter analytics

I am also interested in these questions. I have the same problems with eSputnik integration and Ghost. This system also includes a very detailed click map, but I faced some issues trying to integrate it with Ghost and decided to try my luck with Mailgun. In addition, they’re talking everywhere about easy integration:

But the question remains open.

Hi!
It’s easy, just follow mailguns instructions: User Manual — Mailgun API documentation

Just enable Open & Click tracking on a per domain basis under the Tracking Settings section of a particular domain’s settings page.
Then, if you use https with your ghost website, follow these instructions:

The https enablement by the mailgun support (via ticket) is a little bit slow, but it works for me:

The members and newsletters features are still very much in beta and lots of more advanced things like this are not in place yet, there are higher priority features around general use-cases that we are looking at first. That said, there are plans to have full integration with Mailgun and show stats within the Ghost admin interface in the future.

1 Like

Thanks Kevin. All I am looking for right now is to be able to add Mailgun tags to the newsletter sent from Ghost, so that I can use Mailguns own Analytics (with detailed info on open and clicks on each newsletter) User Manual — Mailgun API documentation

Is it possible to integrate these tags in Ghost now? And if so, where do I do this?

1 Like

Hey folks,
Anyone received an answer to this question? I have ghostboard up and running for website data but still looking for the best solution to add basic email newsletter metrics like opens, clicks, etc,. I previously used Substack and they offered the basics. Any help would be much appreciated!

1 Like

Nope. @Kevin Any update on this? Either Mailgun stats within the Ghost interface or the possibility to use Mailguns own analytics? Right now I am paying for mailintel.io to solve this problem, but it is not ideal (too expensive and functionality is OK but not superb).

1 Like

Thanks for the repky! How did you connect your ghost account to mailintel? Looks like you also need a mailgun/Amazon SES email service provider?

I’m trying to minimize the number of integrations/cost. I might have to port over my newsletter to mailchimp so I can leverage the tracking but that’s not ideal.

Basics (opens, clicks) would be great. I actually don’t like too much data, the basics work for me. (I mostly want to see how many opens/unopens and what stuff is being clicked, that’s pretty much it)

Analytics are coming in a few months!

1 Like

Checkout https://mailflagger.com Tracks and stores Mailgun events and messages, send emails using your Mailgun domain, track multiple domains and setup custom event notifications. We are planning on adding email sequencing soon.

There are some screen shots in the post below.

Any idea how much longer we are going to have to wait for this? The newsletter feature is unusable without analytics.

Any idea how much longer @martinverbic??

No idea. I assume soon based on this: An early look at what's coming next in Ghost 4.0 (didn’t read it, though)

Any day now…this is in the latest Ghost release (3.39.0)

Hey all! :wave: 3.39.0 contained our first feature of email analytics - open-rate tracking. If you’re running this version, try sending out a newsletter and you should be able to see the open rate % in the main posts list.

As ever, we welcome issues and bug reports to help us make it a robust product :bug:

Watch this space in the coming months for more features :sparkles:

10 Likes

Hello again all! :wave: For our last feature release of 2020, we’ve just shipped 3.40.0 which adds engagement statistics for individual members, and an activity feed of their newsletter history.

:christmas_tree: The Ghost team will be finishing up for the holidays soon but we look forward to your feedback on the features so far and you can expect many more things to appear in 2021 :sparkles:

7 Likes

Love it, thank you, should be nice to have it too

:)

Very cool ! Thanks !

Thanks for adding this and have an awesome holiday!

For self-testing, I created a newsletter and sent to my personal email where I opened it but still showing 0 email opens.

My Mailgun is configured to allow email tracking. Not sure if I’m missing anything else :man_shrugging:.

Happy holidays to you all and thank you for the ongoing support.

Also the ‘unsubscribe’ and ‘view online’ links don’t seem to be working for me.

HI @n1n10,
I am the founder of Mailintel (now Engage). Is it ok to share the challenges you had (if it’s still an issue)? We would be happy to resolve them. (DM ok).