Patreon Integration

We have finally got our website up and running and are beta testing it with our $10 Patrons. We imported all of the patrons but they are not able to get a “paid” subscription and can’t see all of the content. It seems that the only way I could do this is to individually change them all to complimentary premium plans. There has to be an easier way to do this right?

We are using zapier but it is incredibly slow and I’m not sure if it’s doing what we need it to do. We have over 5,500 patrons and need a quicker solution to this. Any suggestions?

Hey Taylor!

The easiest way to do this at the moment is to disable “Allow free signups” on your Ghost site. This way the only way to sign up is either via Patreon, or via payment in Ghost.

Based on this setup, you can set all content to be “members only” - because there’s no way to become a member except via payment.

The only extra consideration is that you will need to make sure you remove the accounts of any members who cancel.

If you’re using Ghost(Pro) - there may be some other options we can suggest or help with, if you’d like to get in touch on support@ghost.org and we’d be happy to give you a hand :slight_smile:

1 Like

We do have Ghost Pro! I attempted to do what you suggested earlier thinking that may be it, then Impersonated someone’s account but it still wouldn’t allow me to see content.

I’ve sent an email to the support email so hopefully we can solve this issue. Thanks!

1 Like