Portal and email component translations

• comment portal translation !
3 Likes

I switched from Substack to Ghost recently because it suits my need to evolve with innovative and creative tools. But not being able to translate the email templates and the few sections (comments, portal etc) is a blocking element, for those who communicate in another language than English to turn supporters into members and return a global coherence on our project. This feature is an absolute necessity.

3 Likes

I second this: being able to translate the portal, transactional emails and the comments section is the most needed feature for our project.

1 Like

Pro version is the same? I really donā€™t get that kind of things in teams and projects like Ghost.

I mean, they are from all the world, not only from US.

1 Like

I can help with Czech and Dutch if needed :slight_smile: !

Iā€™m thinking of starting my next blog using Ghost, but my audience isnā€™t English speaking. This is definitely required for Ghost to be widely adopted. I was surprised that the entire CMS was not translatable. Apps should be designed with i18n in mind.

5 Likes

Upvoting this, but also: is anyone using a workaround/hack to solve any of the translation issues for system emails today (before itā€™s solved))? Would be fantastic to just have a list of the files that need translation and the paths to these. Iā€™m aware theyā€™d be replaced on updates.

Stills without a solution or workaround.

ThatĀ“s really bad.

3 Likes

Any advance or tip? Still having too many troubls to get content on spanish

1 Like

I think also translating the default comment space would be a good thing.

2 Likes

The Ghost team is apparently working on it! Hacktoberfest Project: i18n for Portal, Member emails, comments-ui & SodoSearch

2 Likes

Thank you for the news, I hadnā€™t seen that :sweat_smile:

How to translate introduced last weeks Ghost Search?

3 Likes

Hi :slight_smile:

I also need a way to translate ā€œGhost Native Searchā€

// Thomas - https://www.futurenode.dk

1 Like

IĀ“m in :raised_hand:

Ghost search and subscription form.

As I see search is loading from remote repository UNPKG.
Placeholder are in JS file.

Is it possible to replace source to load search from local library?

Itā€™s pretty easy to localize the theme. You just need to create a new theme and edit it.

Translating the subscription modal is a little more involved.

How to translate/localize the search function? The prompt ā€œSearch posts, tags, and authorsā€, the ā€œNo matches foundā€ info, etc?

This is super hacky, but it seems to more or less work:

<a href="#!" class="gh-search" onclick="setTimeout(function(){document.getElementById('sodo-search-root').querySelector('iframe').contentWindow.document.querySelector('input').placeholder = 'Your placeholder text'},200)" data-ghost-search>Search</a>

I have asked about a better way to detect when sodo search is triggered over here:

Hi @curiositry . I would also like to customize the hard-coded placeholder text of Search bar.

How do I use your script exactly? Is it a code injection? At the header?

Any help would be appreciated.

@Reseal4115 The snippet I posted is a link to activate search, which would go in your header or wherever you want the ā€œsearchā€ link or icon to be, with javascript in onclick=ā€œā€¦ā€ that adjusts the placeholder text.

If the theme you are using already has a search link, you should be able to just add the onclick property from my snippet to the search element in your theme.

My example was intended to be pasted into the the theme files. But you could also create an element with javascript, and do it all with code injection (or just add the onclick event to an existing element via code injection).

1 Like