Portal and email component translations

Apart from the theme translation functionality, a stopping missing feature is the translation of portal and email component. All those messages are hardcoded in js files not translatable by themes.

Any non English spoken ghost webmaster is not able to offer a proper ghost project in his language easily.

I would be glad to help.

Regards

Please see also More customization for portal
Maybe these can be rolled up into the same feature request?
(Basically, portal to be more customizable)

Yes, I suppose so… but may be this one is smaller and faster to have ready as it does not need any front.

Seconding this! I have a couple of Ghost websites in French, where I use Portal (because it’s gorgeous, simple to use and built-in). Portal (and the emails) are the only things that are not in French. Would be great for my customers to have everything in French.

2 Likes

I second this.

I also want to translate to french :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also want to translate to Ukrainian and Russian

1 Like

i can translate do brazilian portuguese =)

I would like to help translate into Spanish and Catalan.

I also vote for this feature

Is there a way to hard code the translation on the server? Similar to how you can do with emails Ghost Email customization - #3 by Izak_Jackson

1 Like

Hi,
I made this pull request with almost all translations resolved.

github.com/TryGhost/Portal

It lacks translation of a pair of files (but translations are there commented) where I was not able to instantiate the i18n object (I am not good enough at js) hopping the repository owners would take advantage of it. But sadly, it seems they are not very interesting on portal translation right now.
Hope the pull request could help you.
Regards

I abonded Ghost Membership because Portal and emails are in English-only.
Translation of all emails and Portal is a must.

4 Likes

any news on the possibility of translating Portal texts and adding new information?

4 Likes

Sorry to bother, but that’s something really necessary to people that don’t speak English.

At least, are we even considering this ?

Roadmap plans ?

Keep up the great work!!

1 Like

Ghost is for English speaking markets only

1 Like

Unfortunately, that’s also what I think …

1 Like

Any chance for Portal and email translations in Ghost 5.0?

This petition is almost 2 years old.

Ghost Team: do you really think all your users are english speakers?

Spanish is second most spoke language on world, chinese is the third one.

Are you saying that, in almost 2 years, and 10 years since Ghost was launched, is not possible to translate basic content?

For this reason, many people as me will back to WordPress, and it is a pitty after 2 years paying.

11 Likes

It would be desirable to have a fully translatable platform through a locales file like is in help files, but one that really works.

To ensure that your theme is fully translatable, two core templates must exist in your theme. Check the following templates exist:
pagination.hbs - exists in content/themes/mytheme/partials, copy the template
navigation.hbs - exists in content/themes/mytheme/partials, copy the template

This part of translation guide doest not work and also get 404 errors.
I always have to hardcode translations for every update to my theme. That’s not acceptable.

And that without considering the impossibility of translating the email templates, the subscription form, and the entire backend. That sucks!

And that without considering the impossibility of translating the email templates, the subscription form, and the entire backend. That sucks!

4 Likes