Possible Editor Issue? or am I the problem?

I’m sort of at a loss with this one. I’m not sure how to even clearly articulate the problem, but I’ll try my best.

I’ve been setting up a fresh Ghost installation for the last couple days just taking my time and going through the settings, having fun and figuring things out. My issue is with the editor whilst making changes to a page/post. For some reason, it’s like the editor doesn’t want to acknowledge that I’ve moved my cursor, and it keeps doing weird things. Like, I’ll highlight a section of text to turn it into a link, but when I do that, it moves the tooltip to a completely different section of text and then it won’t turn into a hyperlink.

It sometimes feels like I’m clicking or moving too fast for the editor, but that’s really strange feeling to me. I’ve never encountered this issue with my other installations and it’s baffling to me. Is what I’m describing even an issue with Ghost? I’m using Firefox Developer Edition on my M1 MacBook Pro, Ghost was deployed on a DigitalOcean droplet using the recommended image from their marketplace.

Anybody experienced anything similar? It’s pretty frustrating but this is a weird issue and I’m just taking a shot in the dark by posting this here.

Thanks!

for some reason it’s the mouse cursor itself. if the cursor isn’t IMMEDIATELY next to the section of text you’re trying to interact with, it won’t do anything at all.

here’s a 13 second screen capture demonstrating the issue I’m having. you can see the first couple times I highlight that section in a perfectly normal and regular motion, but when I press the delete or backspace button it ignores everything that was just highlighted.

https://www.kapwing.com/videos/61caf5ce40cefc006a556f32

it’s not supposed to be like this, right?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.