Posts title are not shown in Google Search

  • What’s your URL? blog.themesh.eu
  • What version of Ghost are you using? latest

And

  • How was Ghost installed and configured? professional developer on a dedicated vserver. It’s installed on a subdomain.
  • What Node version, database, OS & browser are you using? latest, not browser related
  • What errors or information do you see in the console? not console related
  • What steps could someone else take to reproduce the issue you’re having? search on google a specific title of the blog.

I’ve a problem with ghost; while the site seems to work perfectly fine, posts title in Google Search are not shown correctly.

Google indicize the posts, but always with the name of the blog, not with the title of the post, as would normally do. Do you have an idea why ?

For example if i look for the exact title of one of my posts for example

“Digital therapies: the new horizon of modern medicine” blog.themesh.eu i can find the result, but it’s shown the title of the main domain, with the info on the site, and then the title, as it was a meta description

In the meta data field, i correctly added the meta title and the meta description.

I know that google can change the title as it wants, but i suppose that there’s some sort of bad configurations, so that google robots can’t understand what is the real title of the post.

Hi, I know this thread is a bit old, but I’m experiencing the exact same issue on my Ghost blog since day one and I’ve never been able to solve it.

Like you described, Google indexes the posts, but in search results it always shows the blog name first instead of the actual post title.
Meta title and description are correctly set in each post, but Google still displays them in this strange way.

Did you ever manage to figure out the cause or find a fix?
It would be super helpful to know if you solved it, as I’ve been stuck with this for a long time.

Thanks!