Problem moving to vps server

If you’re looking for help, please provide information about your environment. If you delete this template and don’t provide any information, your topic will be automatically closed.

If you aren’t running the latest version of Ghost, the first thing we’ll ask you to do is update to the latest version of Ghost.

• What’s your URL? This is the easiest way for others to help you
    blog.ofplayers.net

• What version of Ghost are you using? If it’s not the latest, please update Ghost first before opening your topic

Latest

And

• How was Ghost installed and configured?
    On the old server, through docker compose, mysql, and cloudflared running in the same docker network. On the vps, it’s still docker and mysql but it’s running on a linode vps and nginx proxy manager is used instead of cloudflared
  • What Node version, database, OS & browser are you using?
  • What errors or information do you see in the console?
  • What steps could someone else take to reproduce the issue you’re having?

I can’t really answer the last 2 so I’ll just put my issue here.

When I moved the mysql database and ghost content folders I assumed that you could just drag and drop them into a different server, use the same compose and it’d work, but the files were on a different path (/home/millions/site/ghost before vs /root/site/ghost after) and it seemed to not want to accept the database.

Since I have a backup of it, I started up a blank blog on the same domain (new server though) and got that up and running. I do want my old posts back though, and to access ghost again I’d have to go through the process of moving back to cloudflare tunnels, which I don’t want to do.

Is there a way to fix this or do I have to start from scratch?

Why not export from the old server, install ghost standard on new server, and import?

I already moved to a static site generator, but I did end up getting the ghost blog running so I could export it, I changed the env variable in the ghost container from my domain name to localhost, opened it in an incognito tab and I was able to get into the admin panel and export it

From there I think I could probably just do that but I’d already started using eleventy at that point so I just converted them to markdown and fixed the images