Simply - Theme has a fresh design and is looking pretty elegant

Hello :smile:

I want to introduce you to Simply a beautiful theme for Ghost and it’s available on GitHub.

I started to create the Simply theme like playing, because I wanted to have a blog similar to Medium. I’m sure you’re wondering, why don’t I use Medium? Because Ghost is independent where I can control my content and above all is very powerful .

The casper theme for ghost version 3 has had a :roll_eyes: similarity to my Simply theme. That’s why I made a new update to be able to differentiate myself from them. Now Simply is a very Powerful and :cowboy_hat_face: elegant theme. I’ll mention some features.

• Support for different languages (en - es - de - tr - fr-CA - ru)
  • Light Mode / Dark Mode
  • AMP Template
  • A very powerful search
  • Different templates for the Home Page
  • Different templates for publishing posts
  • Include Google Analytics Tracking use (Google Tag Manager)
  • Page for (Contact - Podcast - Tags - Authors - Newsletter)
  • Social Media
  • Instagram Feed
  • Page 404
  • Support Disqus comments
  • Buttons to share Post
  • Varied colors to change the look of the theme
  • Code syntax Prismjs Supported all syntax.

Here are some of the features of Simply

The theme is available on GitHub.

The demo you can see in my Blog. https://godofredo.ninja/

You are free to use the Simply theme. If you have suggestions for improving the theme, just let me know.

Have a beautiful :sun_with_face: day or a beautiful :new_moon: night. Wherever you are.

:smile: Good luck.

9 Likes

Hi, congratulations for the work done, nice theme with many features.
I like the search, did you use some css / js pre compiled? I like the ability to move around with the keyboard in the search.

A negative aspect that I noticed is that when I change from dark to light, every time I change page it remains for at least 1 second the dark and then changes to light.
I must say that it is quite annoying.

Overall great job and thanks for sharing

1 Like

Hello @giacomosilli Thank you

The problem of color change only happens on my page. but it’s already solved.

I use cloudflare and I forget to say that Rocket Loader ignore specific JavaScripts.

For the search I am using ghost-search

But I had to make some modifications to suit my theme.

All development code is available at github on the dev branch

Awesome!

Thanks for the wonderful contribution.

Any plans to integrate Ghost membership?

1 Like

Hello @georgeappiah

In the next update I plan to create a branch supporting membership :smile:

2 Likes

Hello @GodoFredoNinja

You have done an excellent job!!

1 Like

Hello :smile:

Thank you so much.

I will continue working and improving the theme Simply.

I have in mind to add more pages for example: About Us, Portfolio. Among others

Great theme. Thank you.
also interested in Membership support.

2 Likes

Enjoying your theme, which I’m using for my blog
https://qc.tvaughan.org

One question. How do I keep one particular post at the top. I’m marked it favorite, but it doesn’t seem to matter.
Thanks much

Hello @tlvee

Thank you for using my theme simply. I’m very happy

To get a featured article at the top of the home page is very easy.

Read this documentation.

If you have more questions, just let me know.

:smiley:

Thank you @GodoFredoNinja for this awesome theme and the many awesome features included in this theme. Loving it!

Using it for my site https://nagajournal.com/ with the medium style homepage.

Cheers to you!

1 Like

Thanks, @GodoFredoNinja! I had’t realized there was documentation! This is a wonderful theme.

1 Like

Thank you fir your work.
It seems a wonderfull theme.
I am evaluating it in order to use it as the ghost theme for the frontpage of our discourse forum foro.ojodigital.com.
I am testing it in ghost.ojodigital.com.

I need to integrate discourse comments in reply to ghost articles.

So I had to make some changes to post.hbs.

Which is the best way to make changes to a theme in order to not overide them when a theme upgrade us made?

I have discourse comment already working.
But comments do not have the theme look.

How do i get comments inyegrated with the theme look?
Should i use a class token in the div?

I have tried using

<div id='discourse-comments' class='post-comments'><div>

With no success.

Hola @ariznaf :nerd_face:

Te escribo en español. Creo que eres de habla hispana.

Simply es un tema para Ghost muy fácil y configurable.

Por ejemplo para utilizar los comentarios solo tienes que modificar un solo fichero partials/article/article-comments.hbs

Remplaza todo el código:

Por este cogido de aquí. Primero tienes que leer en la documentacion de ghost.

<div id="post-comments" class="post-comments js-comments u-bgColorGrayLight u-paddingTop30 u-paddingBottom30 u-contentTitle">
    <div class="u-container u-maxWidth1000 u-card">
        {{!-- Comments --}}
        <div id='discourse-comments'></div>
    </div>
</div>

{{#contentFor "scripts"}}
<script>
    DiscourseEmbed = { discourseUrl: 'https://pruebas.ojodigital.com/', discourseEmbedUrl: '{{url absolute="true"}}'};

(function() {
    var d = document.createElement('script'); d.type = 'text/javascript'; d.async = true;
    d.src = DiscourseEmbed.discourseUrl + 'javascripts/embed.js';
    (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(d);
  })();
</script>
{{/contentFor}}
2 Likes

Muchas gracias compañero. Gran trabajo y monumental curro el que te has metido.

Veo que eres peruano. Precioso país, he tenido ocasión de visitarlo por temas de trabajo. Pocos días cada vez y con pocas posibilidades de conocer más allá del entorno inmediado, pero siempre he encontrado gente encantadora.
Por cierto, si te gusta la fotografía, nuestro foro es de eso: de fotografía. Anímate a registrarte (https://foro.ojodigital.com). Antes usábamos vbulletin pero se quedó muy obsoleto y hemos pasado a discourse. Llegó a ser el foro más importante de habla hispana de fotografía (con 18000 usuarios activos simultáneamente). Ahora los foros ya no están de moda, pero seguimos manteniendo el tipo para aquéllos que quieren aprender e ir más allá de los “me gusta” de las redes sociales.
Bueno, perdón por el off topic.

La documentación que enlazas de ghost es la que seguí para insertar los comentarios de discourse en los artículos. Modifiqué posts.hbs para insertar el div y el código java que ahí pone.
En el discourse puse como clae post-comments y añadí eso también al div (como puse más arriba) junto con id=“discourse-comments”.

Entendía que para darle el formato adecuado a los comentarios habría que modificar los estilos CSS cambiando el de la clase post-comments. Pero no encontré ninguno.

Si te entiendo bien, lo que tengo que hacer es modificar el temaplate article-comments.hbs también (además de los cambios en el post.hbs que indica la documentación), sustituyendo el código por el que pones tú.
Lo intentaré a ver qué tal.

OTRA COSA: como digo me preocupa que cuando salga una versión nueva del tema y haga el upgrade, los cambios introducidos se perderán (y para entonces ya ni me acordaré de qué hice).
¿Cómo se evita esto?

Creía que era creanto un custom-.hbs (custom-post.hbs para sustituir al post.hbs) pero veo que no, que en tu tema ya hay también algunos ficheros custom-.hbs.

Gracias de nuevo por tu ayuda y por poner este tema a disposición de todos.

2 Likes

Debo estar haciendo algo mal.
Al hacer lo indicado en la documentación y sustituir también el articles-comments.hbs me aparecen los comentarios dos veces.
Se ve que sólo tengo que hacer una de las dos cosas, no ambas.
Así que lo quité de post.hbs
Pero me siguen apareciendo con el aspecto del foro de discourse y no con el del tema de ghost (fondo blanco botón de comentar en azul…).

Y los comentarios aparecían abajo del todo, tras los artículos recomendados y relacionados.

Como los quería justo después del artículo, moví la sección de articles-comments y articles-share-sticky a justo encima de articles-tag quitando lo de #post porque si no ho aparecían.

---------
<footer class="post-footer u-container u-maxWidth740">
           {{!-- post Commets --}}
            {{> "article/article-comments"}}
           {{!-- Share Article - Facebook Twitter Whatsapp --}}
            {{> "article/article-share-sticky"}}
        {{!-- Tags (category) --}}
        {{> "article/article-tags"}}
-------

por ejemplo: https://ghost.ojodigital.com/luz-y-composicion/

I have discovered another feature.
I have changed the colors to blue.
They fit perfectly our ‘trademark’ colors.

Thanks a lot for this wonderfull theme

Estoy intentando hacer que únicamente alguna colección de ghost tenga asociada comentarios en el foro y además en la categoría correspondiente del foro de discourse.
Tenemos organizadas varias colecciones
/noticias/
/asociacion/
/concurso/

Queremos que cualquier artículo publicado en /asociacion/ cree el correspondiente post en el foro en la categoría Socios.
Y que los pulicado en /noticias/ lo haga e la categoría Noticias.

He intentado crear dos puntos de inserción en discourse

Pero no funciona correctamente parece cualquier comentario en la primera categoría.

¿Hay forma de hacerlo?

Can you describe how (where) you changed the colors?
Thanks

You have to inject code in the header to select the CSS style you want for the theme.

It is described in the tutorial of the theme (change theme color chapter):

1 Like

Hey @ariznaf

¿Como estas?

Por favor mantente en casa

Disculpa por no responderte a tiempo, Estoy cumpliendo mi cuarentena y las cosas se estan saliendo de control en mi país por el Coronavirus.

Los comentarios que utiliza simply es Disqus pero y esta ubicado debajo de los artículos relacionados.

Ahora depende de usted donde lo quieres tener. solo tienes que mover los comentarios al lugar donde elegiste {{> "article/article-comments"}}

Para cambiar el diseño aplicando stylos en esta documentación te dice como hacerlo.

Para no perder los cambios que estas realizando al tema. Puedes utilizar Git y GitHub. Clona el repositorio y en este clon realizas los cambios una vez que termines de hacer un cambio crea una etiqueta con una versión por ejemplo v1. De esta manera no perderías nada y el tema va ha estar en versiones. Github es una buena alternativa para tener repositorios privados.

Cuando yo lance una nueva versión. solo tienes que actualizar tu repositorio.

Para los comentarios en cada ruta asignada. Primero tienes que crear los Hosts luego generar el código de inserción.

Toda esas dudas que tienes lo esta explicando la documentación de ghost.