Stripe - methods of payment

Hi,

Stripe allows various methods of payment. Can I use all these methods with Ghost or just credit cards?

Ghost uses Stripe Checkout, so all payment methods that are supported by that will work on Ghost sites.

This includes:

• Credit card
  • Apple Pay
  • Google Pay
  • Alipay
  • Bacs Direct Debit
  • Bancontact
  • EPS
  • FPX
  • Giropay
  • iDEAL
  • Przelewy24
  • SEPA Direct Debit
  • Sofort

but that’s for self-hosting, if I want to use these payments on Ghost platform, how to?? No where to add custom code.

Are these options highlighted as payment options in the modal, or at least some of them?

Ghost platform only seems to allow creditcard payments.
This is a major issue for me

I’ve not used the ghost platform as i host myself, however i recently found some extra steps needed to accept more payment methods like the apple and google pay in stripe. this is configuration in stripe, nothing to do with ghost specifically but stripe does need to do some domain verification.

you have to add your domain and then also add the domain association file and make sure its accessible at this address in your domain.
/.well-known/apple-developer-merchantid-domain-association

like i mentioned, i havent used the hosted ghost platform but typing this and thinking through it im not sure how you would set that up unless they give you access to the file system to make that separate route. an alternative would be to set up nginx or apache as your main domain endpoint and then proxy to the hosted ghost for your address on the hosted platform, this would allow you to set up that separate route.

1 Like