Subscribe function for Attila theme

Hi there,

I am trying to set up the Atillia theme (GitHub - zutrinken/attila: Ghost Theme) and use the subscribe feature but can’t get it to trigger.

The html in the default.hbs file the latest version (2.01) looks like this:

{{#if @labs.subscribers}}
<li class="nav-subscribe"><a title="Subscribe" href="{{@site.url}}/subscribe/" target="_blank"><i class="icon icon-mail"></i><span>{{t "Subscribe"}}</span></a></li>
{{/if}}

I tried changing the @labs.subscribers above to @labs.members . The subscribe icon then shows up in the menu area (which is good), but when you click on that icon, you get a 404 message for the subscribe page.

Any advice on what to do?

The end goal is to create a similar subscribe experience as you get with the Casper.

Many thanks

Oscar

Hi :wave:. Have you created a page or custom route at /subscribe/? That’s what the template code is expecting from the looks of it. You’ll either need to make the page in Ghost admin or a route in the routes.yaml

Hope this helps!

Thank you. That works!

1 Like

What did you end up doing to resolve this? I’ve added the Page at /subscribe/ and that generates the little mail icon but there isn’t a form or anything there. Not sure how the form is generated.