Theme is caching CSS

Hey, I’ve been developing themes for Ghost for several months now and it’s always been a breeze. For some reason, after a recent update (I believe 3.13 was the last version without this bug), my CSS is caching and I have to hard refresh to get the updated stylesheet.

I’m no expert with this sort of stuff but I believe it may be to do with the fact that the hash string for the stylesheet isn’t changing when I update the CSS (more specifically, when Gulp builds the CSS :P). Was there a recent change that introduced this behavior, or is it a bug?

Cheers :slight_smile:
Isaac

Also - for reference incase this is a bug, I am currently running version 3.35.5 in development mode on Windows 10. WW-uL9W0SKZr4

1 Like

Hey Isaac, have you turned on the LiveReload extension on your browser? Because this gets forgotten usually :smile:

Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 9.14.28 AM

1 Like

Thanks for the reply mate.

I’ve never used LiveReload for developing Ghost themes, and this has only become an issue since reloading. I’ve made at least 20 themes in the last year and have never had issues with caching until now. I’m used to just being able to do a browser refresh to get the updated CSS

EDIT: Should really clarify this is happening with all assets (CSS, images, JS), not just CSS.

I faced same issue. Please use hard reload ( ctrl + shift + R) or ( cmd + shift + R)

3 Likes

If it’s not something related with LiveReload, it might be the browser. Could you please verify that the cache is disabled when the DevTools is opened? The setting is in the Network tab.

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 9.22.30 AM

thank you I spent hours trying to figure out this