Unable to change email settings

I’ll describe my problem that’s been reoccurring for the past few weeks. I’m unable to:

1. Change the support email or email sending email.
  2. Sign up or sign in to my account via my forms.

However, for some reason, I can send posts via email without problems.

This is all on my local Ghost installation, I reconnected Stripe to test mode and this is my config.development.json file:

"mail": {
"transport": "SMTP",
"options": {
  "service": "Mailgun",
  "host": "smtp.eu.mailgun.org",
  "port": 587,
  "secureConnection": true,
  "auth": {
"user": "postmaster@mg.domain.com",
"pass": "private API key"
  }
}
},

I also tried port 465 with and without securedConnection: true line but without luck.

Based on your previous answers I also contacted Mailgun support where they said there’s no problems or restrictions in my account.

I have no idea what I’m doing wrong and would greatly appreciate if you looked into it.

There are two mail systems:

1. Bulk-email (sending posts to all members) - Mailgun settings configured in the members section of the admin area
  2. Transactional email (signup/signin/staff invite) - Email settings configured in your config file

From your problem description, it’s 2 that you are having issues with. Looking at your config file it’s not correct, you need your SMTP password from Mailgun as the pass value, not an API key.

Once you have the transactional emails sorted out you should be able to change your support and newsletter email addresses.

Thank you! As usual, the mistake was not on your side, just some carelessness on my side. This works perfectly.