Using personal email address for newsletter sends it to spam folder

Hi,

I recently updated my newsletter’s sender email address from noreply@customdomain.com to my personal email address. I did it under Settings > Email newsletter > Customize > Email addresses > Sender email address

It’s working, in the sense that when I send out a newsletter, the FROM field shows my personal email address, and people can reply to it.

However, I’ve noticed that the emails are now going to the spam folder, even after marking them as ‘not spam’. Also, my newsletter open rate suddenly dropped after making this change. It went from 80% to 10%.

My questions:

1. Is it a bad idea to use a personal email address for the newsletter? Should I revert back to ‘noreply’ one? I wanted to have a personal email address so my readers could reply me directly, also it looks a bit less formal.
  2. Is there anything else I need to do so that my newsletter doesn’t end up going into the Spam directory?

Any help is really appreciated.

Regards,
Akshay

P.S. Not sure if it matters, but I’m on a Ghost PRO plan, using the Digest theme. You can find my website here.

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing actually, so just commenting to see what comes up in the thread

1 Like