We are evaluating Ghost for a large project in which we need to have a section of our site that is a sort of ‘blog’, with curated articles, which we want users to be able to comment on.
- The site will be built in NextJS and we need to integrate the blog seamlessly into the rest of the site.
- We are evaluating whether to host ourselves, or go through GhostPro hosting, and want to make a recommendation of pros/cons to the client.
- What’s your experience been? As far as I can see, one major advantage of GhostPro is that it offers relatively straightforward integration (instructions) for services such as Discourse, Commento, etc. There are clear examples given
- One major disadvantage is having to rely on themes (I’ve posted another question about this)
- Aside from the price, which in our case would be $200/month I presume, what other advantages/disadvantages do you see?
Thanks for any help! We´ve been reading through the site documentation, and have some sense of the pros/cons (https://ghost.org/pricing/), but would appreciate any further info or opinions.