Zapier Automation - Send sign-up confirmation

Hi,

I’m trying out Zapier automation as a way of capturing email addresses. What I’d like do is this:

• Pass email from a form to Zapier
  • Pass email from Zapier to Ghost
  • Ghost sends a confirmation link to email
  • When the user clicks the confirmation link, then they are signed up.

At the moment, I can get the form to pass the email to Zapier, and to pass this to Ghost as a confirmed member. But I’d like to get Zapier to tell Ghost to just send a confirmation link (rather than directly adding the member).

My settings on Zapier using the Create Member in Ghost action are:

• Subscribed to newsletter: False
  • Send Email to Member: Yes
  • Type of Email to Send: Signup Confirmation
  • Complimentary Premium Plan: False

I’m probably missing something obvious… But I’d like to keep this double opt-in, and Zapier seems to vault over the confirmation stage to directly add the user as a confirmed member.

Any thoughts?

1 Like

Bumping this Question -

I’m similarly trying to use the zapier integration (using popupsmart, fwiw) and wondering what, if anything the “Type of Email to Send” option will do in the integration – from what I can tell, no emails at all are sent no matter which option is selected…

In any case, it’s just a direct add to the members list.

(I’m on Ghost Pro, if that matters)

Also bumping this. Tried changing the “Type of Email to Send” in the Zapier integration and nothing is working. Is this broken for anyone else?

I would also like to bump this issue. Currently have sign-up forms on my Wordpress site. Using Zapier, I’m able to send details to Ghost via Zapier, but Ghost is creating a new member without the need for email confirmation AND sending out the confirmation email which doesn’t seem to serve a purpose.

What I’d like is for new members to only be created upon the user clicking the confirmation link in the confirmation email.

any update on this? Do you have any zaps running that the trigger is ghost member updated? And if you do are you having a problem with it providing any data with that trigger? I can’t get the ghost trigger member updated to give any data