I’m trying out Zapier automation as a way of capturing email addresses. What I’d like do is this:
- Pass email from a form to Zapier
- Pass email from Zapier to Ghost
- Ghost sends a confirmation link to email
- When the user clicks the confirmation link, then they are signed up.
At the moment, I can get the form to pass the email to Zapier, and to pass this to Ghost as a confirmed member. But I’d like to get Zapier to tell Ghost to just send a confirmation link (rather than directly adding the member).
My settings on Zapier using the Create Member in Ghost action are:
- Subscribed to newsletter: False
- Send Email to Member: Yes
- Type of Email to Send: Signup Confirmation
- Complimentary Premium Plan: False
I’m probably missing something obvious… But I’d like to keep this double opt-in, and Zapier seems to vault over the confirmation stage to directly add the user as a confirmed member.