Ghost is currently unable to send email - Notification

Hello Friends.
I have recently set up the latest version of Ghost 5.49.0 on my self-hosted vps. I initially had some issues setting up mail, both transactional via SMTP and Bulk via the Mailgun API. I now have both working i.e. I can send newsletters and I receive signup confirmations for new accounts etc. I still have this notification in settings

Ghost is currently unable to send email. See Configuration - Adapt your publication to suit your needs for instructions.

ghost

Is there away to clear this, or is there still an issue?

Same issue. Do you find any way to resolve the problem? @Ghostusr :joy:

The message cleared for me when I upgraded to the latest version of ghost @lihaopeng2 .

I’m getting the same message, but I’m on the latest version and I’ve set up both transactional and bulk.

Did you set up transactional and bulk mail on the current version you are using?
Mine cleared when I upgraded to the next version when it became available.
That’s what I experienced at least.

I’ve set them both up. All emails are working perfectly fine, and ive updated ghost.

I can confirm the bug is still there.
Version: 5.54.0
I also confirm that:

• Emails are being sent successfully via Mailgun
  • I can change email sender in newsletter settings (via email confirmation sent and I receive it)
  • I can change support email for Portal (via email confirmation and I receive it)
  • I receive service emails from my ghost instance about new subscribers signing up.

As far as I can see, everything works fine. I have no idea why this notice is present.
This line in Ghost’s source code checks if direct email service is being used and the error originates from this assumption. But in the same time, in the screenshot above, Ghost correctly recognises I am using SMTP. So, what gives the error? I hope Ghost team will be able to investigate it. Apart from that, this notice does not bother me much.

Here’s email part of my config.production.json

"mail": {
    "from": "join@domain.com",
    "transport": "SMTP",
    "options": {
      "service": "Mailgun",
      "host": "smtp.eu.mailgun.org",
      "port": 465,
      "secure": true,
      "auth": {
        "user": "name@subdomain.domain.com",
        "pass": "passwordliveshere"
      }
    }
  },

There’s one more report at this forum about the same bug: Ghost is currently unable to send email - But it can (just linking for… things to be linked)

P.S. Could we please edit this topic title? It would better be:

Ghost is currently unable to send email - Incorrect notification

Keep your Ghost logs open and send the message. Is there new error logging?

Try

sudo journalctl -u '*ghost*’

to find your logs.

:~$ journalctl -u ghost
Hint: You are currently not seeing messages from other users and the system.
      Users in groups 'adm', 'systemd-journal' can see all messages.
      Pass -q to turn off this notice.
-- No entries --

My logs are stored now in /content/logs directory.
There are no log entries corresponding to email delivery whenever I send any emails neither in production.log or production.error.log

I’m not sure if that’s the complete log.

This site messed up the formatting of my command but I’ve fixed it now.