Multiple Newsletters with one being paid

I’m setting up newsletters and subscriptions and wanted to check my understanding of the functionality is correct.

I am looking at setting up a free newsletter for all content and a paid newsletter for a weekly post while utilising the ability to name and brand each newsletter differently. However, this doesn’t seem possible (in a logical way) and since it appears to be the most basic execution of multiple newsletters I wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something obvious.

The only option appears to be to subscribe everyone to both newsletters, and then when sending the paid newsletter only send it to paid members of the “paid” newsletter and hope members don’t get confused by being subscribed to a newsletter they never receive.

Am I understanding the situation correctly as it currently stands? Or is there a way to add paid members to specific newsletters?

Did you ever find an answer to this? I have the same question. I don’t want to show anyone that they are subscribed to a newsletter that they’ll never receive.

In the case of multiple paid newsletters with different audiences, it looks like you’d need multiple accounts:

@NFNHello @c3d7m10 not sure if you’re still trying to figure it out – but I was having a similar doubt, I just checked in with Ghost support and got a reply that was pretty useful to me.

You can just set up the second newsletter and opt-in your current audience. Then, whenever you send out this second newsletter, you want to make sure to send it only to your paid members.

The reason why you still want free members to also be subscribed to this newsletter is for when you use the “public preview” option. This will allow you to send a section of the newsletter to free members as well, and prompt them to become paid members in order to get access to the more premium newsletter as well.

You can read more about the public preview option here: Using public previews in Ghost — Help Center

. . .
I sent a follow up question asking: Is there a way to publish a post so that anyone (public) can see the content above the public preview, and only paid members (so not any subscriber/member) sees the content below the line of the preview?

Their answer: when you set it to paid members, the public preview section still is considered “public”, meaning that also general site visitors (not members) will have access to that piece of content. The only difference here is that when you send out a newsletter, you can also send the first part to your subscribed free members as well.

So, to clarify, the public preview will always be public and available to general site visitors.

. . .

Thought to share in case you still need it! Hope your publishing is going great :)